Perhaps you, and for certain many among us would like to change something in our lives. Whether it is something major like starting a new business or career, or something less complicated like losing enough weight to become a size or two smaller. Depending on how much weight you have to lose, this could be very complicated.
Change could be hard, and sometimes unpredictable, but change continues to happen to folk daily. What about you? Are you longing for some kind of change in your life? When it comes to a tansformation via aweight loss, you should be talking about a lifestyle change. I say this because I believe a lifestyle change is the only sustainable way to help you to be successful in maintaining the weight loss once it is gone. And that would be a very amazing transformation.
Since I know a little something about successful weight loss, (so far I’ve lost 175pounds during my transformation), and I have another 60 pounds to lose. I have a story to tell. It is a little personal, but it is well worth telling.
This is about losing weight and keeping it off. First of all, being so obese is hard on the body in many ways. Not just the obvious difficulties; like the need to use a cane when walking, or use of a riding cart when shopping, and being restricted to buying clothes only from the plus size clothing store. But there is more. The dreaded diseases most obese people will face. You know, the usual…diabetes, arthritis, back pain, high blood pressure, heart disease, and certain types of cancer. I was a victim of all of these ailments with the exception of heart disease and cancer. Although my cholesterol level was a little elevated, I was never diagnosed or treated for any type of heart disease. From that prospective, I guess you could say that I am pretty darn lucky.
Thankfully I was able to put a big dent in the amount of weight I need to lose. I can visualize my transformation now with absolute certainty. I believe I’ve learned how not to doubt myself. Others have had longterm weight loss success and so I. And you can too. I am listing the things here that has helped me, and hopefully you can use these same things to help with your weight loss success as well.
1) Eat breakfast every morning. No doubt you have probably heard this one before: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. We need the nutrients first thing in the morning to help us to concentrate better during the day.
2) Watch your portion sizes. A bowl of cereal, a serving of rice, or pasta, should consist of only 1/2 cup. Protein servings such as meat, fish, and chicken should be no more than 3 to 4 ounces per serving.
3) Be atrict about omiting the fatty foods. Use only 1 tsp of fat with your meals and omit consumption of fatty foods and fried foods.
4) This one is important: Include 2 to 3 cups of veggies with your lunch and dinner meals. You can balance it out in any way you would like. For instance, you can have 2 cups of stir-fry veggies for dinner along with 1 cup of salad fixings.
5) When selecting your salad dressing, or any kind of condiment, sugar should be listed no higher than number 5 on the list of ingredients.
6) Omit sugary foods and drink sugar free beverages only. For instance ice tea, coffee, and sodas should all be sugar free. If you like juices, make sure it is sugar free also. I like the fruit juices, but most of the time I opt to eat the orange or the apple instead of drinking the juice. The chewing sensation is more satisfying for me.
I personally have learned to limit snacking only to an extra fruit between meals. And I limit that to only twice a day. This will give me a total of 5 meals daily when I count the fruit as a mini meal. In some cases, it is recommended that you have 3 mini meals a day instead of2. This is due to health related situations like diabetes. It is helpful when you drink plenty of fluids, especially water. The fluids are needed to keep you well hydrated, and it is also a good ‘filler’ between meals because it helps to curb the appetite by providing you with a good sense of fullness.
If you know anything about dieting, then you will know that these are mostly the simple basics. However there are a few more very important points I need to make, and you need to know. So I will continue with more pertinent points in another blog: Longing for a Transformation Part Two.
Wishing you much success in your weight loss journey.
Healthy trails to you