Here are a few mantras I repeat a lot to myself. I don’t use all of them every day, but these are the ones that works well for me. If you need a little encouragement today, or any day, perhaps you will get some use out of them.
1)<strong> “Make your life’s work something you truly care about”. Someone once said, If you work at something you truly enjoy doing, you’ll never actually work another day in your life. I believe this states the obvious, but it will play a major role in lessoning the body’s stress. When you are doing something you truly love to do, chances are your life will be more fulfilling and satisfying. And as an added bonus, it will help to keep the blood pressure at a normal level; lessening the potential for the development of heart disease and stroke.
2) “An apple a day, will keep the doctor away.” Treat your body as if you truly love it. An apple is a very healthy food and is loaded with nutrients. But if you simply eat right in general, exercise regularly, and drink plenty of fluids I believe you are on the right track for keeping the doctors away. I should probably add that you should actually see all of your regular doctors for the yearly physical examinations. Not only your PCP but also include the dentist, the gyn doctor, the eye doctor, and any other doctor your PCP has recommended that you see.
3) “Be slow to anger and slow to take offense.” I believe that we all make mistakes in our lives at some point. People sometimes do and say crazy things. But getting angry at someone doesn’t help matters much. Anger can be all to consuming and is potentially damaging to your health. The same goes for jealousy, greed, and fear. Do away with them before they do away with you.
4) “You are entirely up to you.” From: http://www.jeremydwill.com/ Make your body. make your life.” Look good, feel good, and be good. This gives you a big boost in your self esteem. Emotional health is just as important as our physical health. So take notes 🙂 Some say that the first impression is always the best, and some say clothes make the man. I will resort back to mantra #2…”Treat your body as if you truly love it.” When you know that you look good, it will automatically help to make you feel good and adds a great boost to your self esteem. No need to hesitate in making the appropriate decisions at work, or anywhere else; because if you “be good”, you’ve done your home work. Therefore you can speak and walk with confidence and others will jump at the chance to walk and work with you.
5) “Live Love and Laugh”. I wish I could credit the person who initially said this but I’m unable to do so at this time. This mantra suggest that I should enjoy my life and live it to the best of my ability; also that I should maintain an awesome sense of humor. It also says to me that I should not be afraid to love or to be loved. This mantra is a great shot in the arm for anyone who may be down on themselves a bit. Live love and laugh helps to present a positive attitude which is so important when attempting to accomplish just about anything.
6) “You will never know your limits unless you push yourself to them.” from: http://eatnexexercise.tumblr.com We all would like to enjoy a healthy lifestyle. For some of us, this will take a little more work than others. But I believe the goal is worth every bit of the price we pay to achieve it. To get yourself in good physical shape you may only need to lose a few pounds, or 100 pounds. You may only need to exercise a few days a week, or every day for 30 to 45 minutes. Whatever it is you need to do to get into shape, or to reach some other desired goal, You won’t know if you can do it if you don’t try..and try with conviction by pushing yourself to success.
7) “If you wait for perfect conditions you will never get anything done.” from: fitbe.msn.com A lot of us are guilty of procrastination. We wait for the perfect conditions or the perfect time. But that time may never come. That is the reason why I like this mantra. It is not just challenging, but it encourages me to work on accomplishing what I need to accomplish. Don’t wait for the perfect moment to come because in all actuality, it may never get here. Now is the right time to make it happen for you.
8)) “Nothing hurts more than just sitting on a couch.” from: http://eatnexercise.tumblr.com/ So what do you think? We will all be blessed with another tomorrow? I hope so, but sadly none of us knows what tomorrow will bring. But we do have today, and we do have this precious moment in time. I’m not advocating that we should be busy all the time. Rest is good, and we all should rest at some point during the day. It helps our bodies to rejuvenate. However, one of our biggest problems is procrastinating, or simply falling through on what we started out to do. If you are hurting, wouldn’t life hurt a lot less if you would simply get off the couch and get involved fixing what needs to be fixed, or doing something truly constructive. It could be something as simple as helping someone else with a dire need. Go for it.
Hopefully these mantras have been helpful to you. There is no reason why you can’t add to the list and make up a few of your own. Use works for you and start that custom today.
Healthy trails to you