Did you know that eating certain foods at a given time in the day can help you shed pounds and keep your heart healthy?
Dieticians across the world recommend eating small meals at regular intervals during the day. Here are some tips to get you started:
• Breakfast @ 7 am: Pack in a protein punch for breakfast to keep you feeling full and energetic throughout the day.
• Snack @ 10 am: Have a fruit or vegetable salad for your fiber intake. Mix it up with some protein content.
• Lunch at 12:30 pm: Include foods with extra protein such as legumes and soybeans. Pair these with sautéed veggies like carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, sliced cucumber, etc.
• Snack @ 4pm: Eat fruit, yogurt or a grilled cottage cheese sandwich to sustain your energy levels further.
• Dinner @ 7pm: Choose foods to create a healthy platter with one quarter proteins, one quarter whole grains and one half veggies.
• Midnight snack @ 12 am: If you’re burning the night oil, don’t stay hungry. Snack on something light like a glass of milk with 2 cookies, fruits or soup.
(Picture and dietary tips are compliments of rishikajain.com)
Hello all you healthy warriors
I’m very lucky that I was able to go to nursing school and work successfully in the healthcare profession for more than 30 years. I was able to work in a profession doing what I enjoyed doing and thankfully getting more good results than bad. You can perhaps imagine the countless of people that I’ve met over the years; which many of them will never be forgotten. However, my passion for providing good healthcare didn’t end with my retirement. So here I am taking a second bite of the apple. I am now your self-appointed healthcare journalist, and will promote a healthy lifestyle for all of my visitors.
Since this is considered to be my first day on the job, I want to make a general statement about having and maintaining a great healthy lifestyle. First of all, I advocate that you do the things that make you happy. Life is obviously more than just working all day; although our work is important, and granted there are some people who are having a great time when they go to work every day. But work is still considered to be only a small piece of the pie. While maintaining a healthy lifestyle, a combination of work and play is necessary. Good nutrition and physical activity is imperative. Less worry and stress is ideal, and a yearly physical exam with the necessary recommended test should always be followed up on.
I’m including these healthy tips with the picture above that depicts a healthy diet throughout the day. It is a great example of nutritional foods that will sustain you throughout the day. Enjoy.
Healthy trails to you